2015 marked the 75th year that the Mining Association has been the voice of the industry in Manitoba!
Mining Association of Manitoba highlights:
- Updated our association by-laws.
- Integrated the Mines Accident Prevention Association of Manitoba (MAPAM) into the Mining Association, forging a tighter connection to the operating mining industry in Manitoba.
- Produced an annual report, illustrating the history of MAPAM.
- Continued participation for the Minister’s Mining Advisory Council.
- Welcomed a new executive vice president, Tim Friesen.
- Held our 54th successful annual provincial mine rescue competition.
- Published the 2015 Guidelines for mineral exploration in Manitoba.
- Developed the Aboriginal Engagement Handbook: A handbook for proponents of mineral exploration and mining in Manitoba (to be published in 2016).
- Improved presence at the 2015 Manitoba Minerals and Mining Convention.
- Released the infographic: Mining is a crucial industry for Manitoba.
- Contributed to media on the mining industry.
- Revised our strategic plan for 2016-2019.
Just a reminder, The Manitoba Mining Association has 5 committees open to their membership: Aboriginal relations, safety, exploration, environment and taxation.