The government of Manitoba has posted the assistant deputy minister position with Manitoba Mineral Resources.
Assistant Deputy Minister
EX2 Executive Officer 2
Manitoba Mineral Resources
Advertisement Number: 31438
Salary(s): EX2 $105,100.00 – $125,678.00 per year
Closing Date: January 8, 2016
The Department of Mineral Resources is seeking a dynamic and results driven leader. The Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM) will have overall responsibility for the leadership and direction of this Division.
Mineral Resources facilitates sustainable development of the province’s mineral and petroleum resources by encouraging investment; enhancing geoscience knowledge; promoting wise land management and access to resources; ensuring rehabilitation of lands impacted by resource development; creating strategic partnerships, working with local and Aboriginal communities; championing critical policy development and advancing opportunities for Aboriginal involvement in resource development.
This is your opportunity as a senior leader in government to take on a large and impactful Division and provide leadership to valuable services within government.
Conditions of Employment:
– Legally entitled to work in Canada
– The ability to travel throughout Manitoba
The successful candidate must have:
– Degree in engineering, geology, natural resources, public or business administration or a related field and/or an equivalent combination of technical and leadership experience
– Comprehensive knowledge of mineral resource and petroleum industry (exploration, development, production, legislation and taxation regimes) and of emerging issues that impact the industry
– Knowledge of Treaty and Aboriginal rights and Crown-Aboriginal consultation
– Demonstrated experience in providing advice and direction on developing and implementing various legislation, policies and programs
– Strong strategic leadership skills and experience fostering and developing teams, partnerships and alliances
– Extensive experience in strategic planning, including change management and determining and setting priorities based on government and department initiatives
– Experience as a team leader committed to performance management and managing complex organizational change
– A leader in workplace diversity
– Demonstrated knowledge of utilizing influence, networks, and complex information to anticipate impact of decisions, solve problems, and advance opportunities
– Strong political acumen skills, demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders and officials on politically sensitive issues
– Strong written communication skills, demonstrated ability to write politically sensitive and confidential materials for senior leaders as well as public facing documents
– Strong verbal communication skills, demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and to communicate to external stakeholders
– Experience leading the preparation of large and complex budgets complimented with knowledge of government protocol and estimates process and financial forecasting and monitoring
A full description of the position can be provided upon request.
Advertisement # 31438
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3J7
Please quote the ad number and the position title in the subject line of your application.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.