President: Tom Lewis
Vice-President: Chris Beaumont-Smith
Treasurer: Julia Singh
Secretary: Lori Stewart
Directors: J. C. Campbell, Humid, Jason LaCombe
Meeting held at Canad Inns, Polo Park.
Meeting Chaired by Tom Lewis.
Meeting: 12:05 to 1:10 pm
Welcome: Tom Lewis opened the meeting and gave an overview of the agenda.
Secretary Minutes: Lori Stewart read the minutes from the Sept. 4th meeting – approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Julia Singh gave a Treasurer update.
1. Lori Stewart gave a CCMEC convention update
- MPDA should have a booth – agreed.
- Tom Lewis to email sign-up sheet for members to man the booth.
- Julia Singh to make a poster for the booth.
- Tom Lewis to provide rock samples for the booth.
- George Nykuliak suggested a draw for a vest. Ken Klyne to get a donation from IRL.
2. CRA and MPDA
- 2018 made money for MPDA mainly from convention.
- CRA noticed that there were no tax returns going back several years.
- Tom Lewis suggested to invest $7,000 to CCMEC 2019.
- CBS suggest to distribute money to students.
- George Nykuliak thought of other opportunities like Women In Mining
- CBS suggested a Prospector of the Year Award.
- Ultimately it was decided to postpone the decision on funds until after the convention.
- Andrew Macskimming suggested to ask if CRA contact will reassessment/assessment.
- Tom Lewis noted there are gaps in the MPDA books, but good back 10 years.
- George Nykuliak mentioned a plan for after 2019 to become new CCMEC board – not finalized.
3. Liaison Committee Update:
- Met on October 18th at 1pm.
- Shastri Ramnath’s presentation.
- Prioritize issues working toward recommendations.
- Denis Savoie suggested to talk to Dr. Allen Lagimodiere.
- Working on red tape.
- Bill Ferreira asked about what issues.
- Julia Singh did a high level review.
- ID – PRIORITIZE – RECOMMENDATIONS.
- 64 issues time vs effort vs ease vs effect
- Tom Lewis reviewed issues with the MLCME.
- Stakes claim (Bill), Pending – Timing.
- Secure land tenure!
- Gerry Finkle suggest Agriculture supported by ….
4. New Business
- George Nykuliak and Lyndon from DEL Communications.
- Mining Review in Print.
- Will be available for CCMEC.
- Fraser Institute Survey
- New Speakers
- Tom Lewis called for ideas.
- George Nykuliak suggested CCMEC speakers
- George Nykuliak suggested University of Manitoba speakers
- Cliff Duke suggested University College of the North sponsorships for students CCMEC.
- Canad Inns – Dates for 2020
- Statures for award – Lottery
Meeting Closed by Tom Lewis at 1:10pm
1st Bill Ferreira
2nd by Denis Savoie
To download a copy of the November 6th meeting click the button below.