It’s time to celebrate!
From the Canadian Federal budget to American President Biden, it’s clear that the time for mineral exploration and development is now.
The world needs green critical minerals and Manitoba has them. Canada, as well as each province and territory, celebrates Minerals/Mining Week every year (usually in May). It’s time Manitoba joined in. Minerals Week Manitoba is from May 23 to 27th, 2023.
Join us by participating in MLA visits, becoming a sponsor, or host your own activity.
On Tuesday, May 23rd the MPDA is hosting a number of events at the Manitoba Legislature. We will be:
- Distributing custom made lepidolite keychains to each Member of the Legislature. The focus is on the fact that Manitoba hosts the only lithium mine in Canada.
- Providing statements about exploration and extraction from Members for the record.
- Meeting with Ministers, MLA’s and Deputy Ministers to introduce them to the opportunities of a robust dynamic mineral sector.
- Hosting a reception at the legislature for MLAs, staff, deputy ministers and industry at the end of the day.
- Displaying a diamond drill rig in front of the legislative Building
Minerals Week is relevant to every corner of the province, so we encourage you to consider hosting an event and become an active participant of the planned MPDA events.
Please participate in this day by joining us.
MaryAnn Mihychuk Reem Hassan
MPDA President MPDA Director